It’s bad enough that Anita Sarkeesian is a flagrant con artist milking, realistically, 100’s of thousands of dollars out of the gender hysteria industry from a combination of thoroughly debunked pseudo-sociology desperately seeking to establish a causative link between gaming and sexism, and perpetual “damsel in distress” mewling victim psychodramatics (which, ironically, is one of the main recurring complaint themes in Sarkeesian’s meagre video output) – but she is doing so with the same tax-exempt status as legitimate charities that actually attempt to help their communities.
Reproduced in full from –
Feminist Frequency: In Breach of Non-Profit Legal Obligation #Gamergate
This is a brief summary of (and will contain links) of what legal obligation the non-profit has broken, WHEN, and the results of that.
1. In March of 2014, Feminist Frequency was accused of misappropriating artwork from an artist for Tropes vs Women from an artist named CowKitty.
2. Feminist Frequency attempted to get around the issue by saying they were non-profit and fair use, so they didn’t need permission. The artist in question, Cow Kitty, said that she would allow the use of her artwork if proof of non-profit status was provided to her. (Read the FULL incident here: http://cowkitty.net/post/78808973663/you-stole-my-artwork-an-open-letter-to-anita )
Feminist Frequency eventually pulled the art, rather than fulfill this request. (This is how that incident concluded:http://cowkitty.net/post/78869649107/update-official-response-you-stole-my-art-an) This is actually illegal.
3. One of the obligations of non-profits is that when requested by the general public to provide documentation of their non-profit status (this can include tax returns, application for non-profit status, and more). If in person (face to face) it must be provided IMMEDIATELY/same day. If in written, a little leeway is given.
4. Here are the obligations of a non-profit organization and the Disclosure Law
Everything you need to know about non-profit IRS obligations:
5. What’s the penalty for failing to abide by this Disclosure Law?
$10,000 for failing to provide Cow Kitty with an annual information return, with an additional $20 for every day that it hasn’t been fulfilled. That’s right; Feminist Frequency is STILL in breach of this law, and is building up the fine.
6. What can you do about it?
Let the IRS know with this form! Provide the above links regarding the incident.